Friday, August 3, 2012

DIY Embossed Frame



I took part in the Valentine's Day "Love" themed Designers Challenge and I won Best Favor! So today I am going to show you how I made these Fabulous frames. They are simple to make but create a huge impact!

I started with a with a $1 frame from the craft store, painted it black then I added the embossing.



To do the embossing I mixed spackling compound with just enough water to make a creamy consistency. Then I put it in a zip lock bag and created my design on my frame.




Next, I let it dry for 24 hours then painted it. I wanted my design to be subtle so painted it black and left it. {If you want your design to stand out a little more you can add a bronze or antique rub to the finish.} I LOVE how they turned out! To complete the project I asked each guest's children why they love their mommy, I typed it up and put it in the frame. It made the perfect favor!


I set them at each place setting so it doubled as a place card too.



Don't you love how they look on the table?


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea me and my friends had a photo shoot done and I am so exited about these the photographer took over one thousand photos so we will make a couple frames and a couple books this will be amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete